Click here to return to the DUSD website

If you live in Downey, congratulations! Your school-age child is already enjoying the benefits of one of the finest educational systems in the entire state of California.
click here to learn more about DUSD schools

But, if you would like your child to attend a school other than your Downey Unified School District home school, you may submit an application for your child to attend any DUSD school on a space available basis.

To qualify, the student must have a 2.0 GPA (C average) with good attendance and behavior. The most recent report card will be required for consideration.

To Apply On-line for an Intra-District Permit if you live within the DUSD boundaries:

Read all 3 steps and verify that you have read and understand the requirements by clicking the box at the bottom of this page. You will then be linked to the online application page.

1. You must reside within the boundaries of a DUSD school. When filling out the application, you may choose the top three schools that interest you. Your child's name will be placed on a list and the school(s) will contact you as space becomes available. All requests will be handled individually, not on a first-come, first-served basis.

2. You will need to provide the school with your child's most recent grades (report card or transcripts). We will also need a copy of your child's most recent standardized test results (STAR). If you have not received the results for the current year, you may submit last year's scores. if you will be transferring from a private school, we will need the most recent standardized test scores and the final report card for the school year.

3. Be sure to enroll your child in his or her home school because not all transfer requests are approved. When a decision is made as to space availability, you will be notified by the requested school if your child has been accepted. But don't wait until the last minute because there are limited openings.

I have read and understand these 3 steps
Note: School bus transportation is not available.
Athletic eligibility is the responsibility of the student and the school and may be restricted by residence requirements.