Physics Phinal Bouyancy Lab
The objective for this lab is to build a flying aircraft that can land inside a target area on the ground.
The requirements for this lab are simple:
Your aircraft MUST
1. Make (and survive) 5 successful flights. A flight is NOT falling.
2. Be constructed by you and your group.
3. Have an identifiable airfoil.
4. Have a minimum wingspan of 4ft
5. Be accompanied by a COMPLETE lab writeup.
BE READY TO FLY ON FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH
The following links might be helpful in your quest for flight, these are NOT the ONLY things you should research......just a starting point!
Newton's Laws of Motion
Lift and Coefficient
Drag and Coefficient
Glide Angle and Targeting
Laminar/Turbulent Flow Video1 , Video2 , Video3 and in Video4 and Video 5 notice where the turbulence occurs